Cremation urns come in a variety of volumes to contain different amounts of ashes. Flame cremation ashes from an adult have a volume equivalent to one cubic inch per lb of body mass. So a 200 lb (91 kg) person will have 200 cubic inches of ashes. Aquamation ashes produce 20 to 30 % more ashes so an aquamated person who was 200 lbs (91 kg) would need an urn that could hold 240 to 260 cubic inches of ash. For more on this see this article: How much ashes from humans?
Here are our urn sizes for various ash volumes:
- Adult urns up to 200 cubic inches
- Large adult urns 200-400 cubic inches or more
- Smaller urns (children and teens ashes) 10 cubic inches to 100 cubic inches
- Keepsake urns (1-35 cubic inches)
- Infant urns (under 10 cubic inches)
Get help from our team
If you need help selecting an urn or jewelry or would like to ask a question, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact page to access our support phone line. Our support team is available 24 hours per day x 7 days per week.